The Australian labour market is changing rapidly as the COVID-19 situation continues to develop.
If you or someone you know is affected by COVID-19 there is information to help students, parents, education/training providers and job seekers on the Department of Education, Skills and Employment's website. The information includes:
• A Jobs Hub
providing an up to date list of some of the businesses and organisations that are currently hiring, how to contact them if you are looking for work, as well as the latest information on jobs by location
• Support for apprentices and trainees
• Information for job seekers, and participants
• Support for Australian businesses to manage cash flow challenges and retain employees.
You can find more information on the Department of Education, Skills and Employment's website
For up-to-date research and insights on changing labour market conditions, as well as information for job seekers, please visit the page links below:
Further insights into the labour market impacts of COVID-19 are available in two National Skills Commission reports:
• A snapshot in time: the Australian labour market and COVID-19
which explored the impact that COVID-19 had on Australia’s labour market
• The shape of Australia’s post COVID-19 workforce